- StanChart expansion grinds to a haltBank loses out on deals to Asia rivals amid the worst drop in profits for more than 12 years
- Deutsche Bank shares fall on NY Fed censureGerman bank told structure needs wide-
ranging remedial action amid frustration at failure to deal with previous problems
- Intervention fears hit Asian EM currenciesMany Asian currencies came off highs as risk of competitive devaluations appeared to heighten,
though risk appetite on global . . .
- Ackman ‘death blow’ enlivens HerbalifeHedge fund manager’s ‘undercover’ investigation into the nutritional supplements group fails to sway investors as its shares .
- RBS accused of being ‘wilfully obtuse’Bank admits its global restructuring group is a ‘profit centre’ weeks after denying this was the case
term returns boosted by illiquidityJoining size, value and momentum is a fourth factor that causes stocks to outperform: the less liquid a stock, the better it . . .
- Leslau sells Max Property to BlackstoneNick Leslau agrees to sell a listed company to Blackstone in a £448m deal,
but says he is not calling the top of London’s . . .
- Citigroup curbs Napier Park capital linksUS bank has withdrawn proprietary capital invested in hedge fund as it looks to meet Volcker rules while minimising impact on .
- Test for Treasuries as end of QE loomsCentral banks around the world own 60% of $10.
5tn Treasury market – how will they react when the Federal Reserve ends its . . .
- Credit Suisse investment bank to shrinkSwiss bank suffers second-
quarter net loss after $2. 8bn settlement with US authorities following admission it helped clients . . .