- Fink says tech rout driven by hedge fundsBlackRock chief says long-
term investors not spooked, as retail and institutional clients continue adding to their portfolios . . .
- Trade credit insurance to the rescueThis humdrum,
clerical mechanism could mitigate the risk of securitising European banks’ lending to small and medium- sized . . .
- Equities draw institutional investorsEquities have the most attractive prospects of all asset classes,
according to a poll of European institutional investors
- Active managers must work to justify feesAmong the additional tools investment managers should focus on include lifting weight of small-
caps, diversifying strategies . . .
- NY’s attorney-
general subpoenas HFT firmsState attorney- general’s office is seeking information about any special arrangements the firms have with dark pools and . . .
- Worst start for hedge funds since crisisAverage first-
quarter hedge fund gain of 1. 23 per cent lowest since start of 2008 when global markets were shaken by the onset . . .
- China’s Weibo raises $285m in US IPOChina’s Twitter-
like microblogging company sold at its lower end share price as falling technology stocks and competition . . .
- RSA to sell European units for £300mNew chief Stephen Hester is set to undertake a cost-
cutting drive and disposals of several assets as the insurer focuses on . . .
- Leslau to float property assets on AimPrestbury plans to add to portfolio and will specialise in assets that offer long-
term income streams for investors seeking . . .