- Hedge funds attract billions in new moneyFunds brought in $360bn this year in investment returns and inflows from investors,
up 15. 7% on their assets under management . . .
- Volcker rule comes of age in spite of protestsWall Street’s pleas for leniency over the rule were undermined by the London whale scandal,
which saw JPMorgan lose $6bn in . . .
- First Group under attack from US activistGreyhound and UK bus and rail group feels the heat from Sandell,
after a grim year for the debt- laden company following the . . .
- JPMorgan files patent on ‘Bitcoin’ systemBank’s application underscores behind-
the- scenes battle between biggest banks, credit card operators and companies such as . . .
- EU sets out framework for banking unionSeveral countries raised strong objections to Berlin-
backed conditions that slowly phase in a single resolution fund – and . . .
- Private placements catch European waveThis year more than half of $44bn of loans issued in the private placement market are to non-
US issuers – with UK companies . . .
- Norway leads SWF push into ChinaSovereign wealth funds led by Norway’s $810bn oil fund are using Hong Kong’s IPO revival to achieve a long-
held goal of ramping . . .
- Wall St cannot derail Volcker,
says FrankArchitect of post- crisis regulatory overhaul says banks will find it hard to weaken restrictions on lucrative proprietary . . .
- 3i loses another high-
profile dealmakerInvestment group suffers another departure from its private equity deal team with the loss of its global head of healthcare and . . .
- UK business says pension costs hurt investmentSurvey for CBI business lobby questioned companies -
seven out of 10 said the cost of running a defined benefit scheme was . . .