- Vanguard’s commanding positionThe index fund pioneer’s low fees have driven down costs but is its success a cyclical phenomenon?
- Cinven to buy Labco in €1.
2bn dealMove comes shortly after French medical group abandoned float plans
- Wall St banks top London bonus leagueEuropean lenders increasingly cede market share to US competitors
- Generali braced for insurance revolutionItalian group to invest €1.
25bn to transform business amid push to back fintech sector
- Call for planes,
trains and cable fundingBusiness leaders push for institutional backers to fund creaking infrastructure
- Calpers and Calstrs urge climate backingUS pension funds chiefs among more than 100 fund manager heads to sign joint letter
- Odey raises stake in Plus500Hedge fund manager becomes trading platform’s largest single investor
- Unravelling ‘gap risk’ at Deutsche BankGerman group’s accounting treatment of a derivatives portfolio falls foul of the SEC
- Tycoon financing in Asia gathers paceLucrative and growing business tempts investment banks
- Yen sell-
off backed by funds’ bond salesStrong dollar rally underpins losses for Japanese currency