- Green light for US money market funds reformThe rules,
finalised by the Securities and Exchange Commission, require certain funds, which had been treated like bank . . .
- ‘Uncertainty’ for UK wealth managersLower trading volumes hit Brewin Dolphin and Charles Stanley,
which analysts say creates uncertainty for wealth management . . .
- New CVC fund targets technology companiesEuropean buyout group approaches investors to raise $750m in a move that highlights the scramble to grab a share of the digital .
- StanChart expansion grinds to a haltBank loses out on deals to Asia rivals amid the worst drop in profits for more than 12 years
- Deutsche Bank shares fall on NY Fed censureGerman bank told structure needs wide-
ranging remedial action amid frustration at failure to deal with previous problems
- Intervention fears hit Asian EM currenciesMany Asian currencies came off highs as risk of competitive devaluations appeared to heighten,
though risk appetite on global . . .
- Ackman ‘death blow’ enlivens HerbalifeHedge fund manager’s ‘undercover’ investigation into the nutritional supplements group fails to sway investors as its shares .
- RBS accused of being ‘wilfully obtuse’Bank admits its global restructuring group is a ‘profit centre’ weeks after denying this was the case
term returns boosted by illiquidityJoining size, value and momentum is a fourth factor that causes stocks to outperform: the less liquid a stock, the better it . . .
- Leslau sells Max Property to BlackstoneNick Leslau agrees to sell a listed company to Blackstone in a £448m deal,
but says he is not calling the top of London’s . . .